Digital Director - Marketing
Planday is the workforce collaboration platform that makes it easier for managers and hourly workers to communicate, collaborate, and get work done. With Planday, employees can communicate with each other, swap shifts and clock in and out, while managers can create smart schedule templates, measure their target revenue compared to wage costs and track hours worked. Planday is used by organisations of all sizes across a variety of industries, with more than than 250,000 users onboard.
Powered by some of the smartest people in the world, and driven by a growth-centric business model, we’re not only changing the way businesses across the world operate, but also how managers and employees fundamentally interact with each other. We’re also backed by some of the biggest VCs in Europe, including IdInvest, SEB Equity, and Creandum— the backers of iZettle and Spotify.
We approach everything we do with conviction, intensity, and resourcefulness, which we believe allows us to deliver better experiences to our customers and each other. Our “UMPF” gets us out of bed in the morning, ready to innovate and dream of new ways to meet our customers’ needs. With over 29 different nationalities across our five global offices, we have a multicultural work environment, which is amazing to be a part of.
Our values underscore how we approach our work and each other. They're the secret sauce to our success.
Scale: Work smarter to grow our business on all levels
Authenticity: We do what we say and say what we do
UMPF!: Go beyond what's expected to achieve success
Collaborate: The best results are achieved together
Empower: Encourage people to make impactful decisions
If you recognise these values in yourself, we would love for you to join us on our fast-paced journey.
The Digital Marketing Team is essential in helping Planday to rapidly scale on a global level.. As the Director of Digital Marketing, you will play a central role in developing and executing on our online marketing strategy through digital channels. In doing so, you will drive customer acquisition, product adoption and revenue. You will manage a team of digital experts and work cross-functionally with sales, finance, product and customer success to achieve our business goals. You'll bring experience that spans across multiple digital channels, including SEM, programmatic, social media, affiliate, content marketing and mobile app acquisition.
You will oversee the development and execution of marketing strategies to drive customer acquisition, revenue and new product adoption across multiple digital channels, including programmatic (display & video), paid and organic search, social media, review sites, our referral program and mobile app stores. You'll execute these strategies through both an in-house team and external agencies.
• You will lead and grow a team, with a significant focus on developing career paths.
• You will partner with the Design team to develop creative strategy and messaging at the channel level and to execute campaigns that drive brand consideration.
• You'll lead contract negotiations and relationships with external vendors, partners and agencies.
• You will lead campaign planning and coordinate across the marketing organisation to achieve shared business results.
• You'll be responsible for all budgeting, forecasting & reporting on key business health metrics, including weekly traffic numbers, marketing qualified leads, sales accepted leads, deal flow and return on investment.
• You'll work closely with the Finance team to help them understand how we optimise value at the channel level and may choose to work with an external vendor to develop multi-touch attribution for use in budgeting decisions.
• You'll communicate marketing plans and results internally to ensure cross-functional teamwork and coordination.
• You'll assure that we are aligned with all privacy regulations surrounding data usage and targeting, including GDPR.
You have 7+ years of digital marketing experience with a track record of driving customer acquisition and revenue growth (SaaS industry preferred). You will have 3 yrs+ experience managing teams focused on driving customer acquisition, product adoption and revenue.
• You possess strong analytical skills and an ability to interpret data to derive actionable insights; experience working with a multi-touch attribution technology would be an advantage.
• You are technically adept with a finger on the pulse of trends and innovations within Digital Marketing & Ad Tech space.
• You can influence and partner effectively with Product Management, Finance / Operations, Design and Sales.
• You have impeccable attention to detail and strong organisational skills, as well as excellent communication skills, executive presence and experience communicating with C-suite executives. The ability to influence in a positive manner is paramount.
• You have the adaptability to operate successfully in a fast-paced environment, and can handle / deliver on multiple projects with tight deadlines, especially during key seasonal periods.
- Be a key part of an exciting international growth journey
- Be a central figure at the epicentre of this dynamic fast paced organisation
- Get great colleagues and a social working environment
- Great location in central Copenhagen
- Lots of team and community events
I have read, understood, and accept the content of the Applicant Data Notice and consent to the processing of my data as part of this application.
The Data Notice can be read here: