Head of Customer Support
Planday is one of the fastest growing VC-backed technology companies in Europe and is now changing the employee scheduling and workforce management industry with its leading technology. We’ve come a long way since our cofounders first dreamed up a tool that would make employee scheduling and communicating more straightforward. With over 12 years of experience in the industry, we’re well-placed to provide businesses with a solution that meets their unique needs. Powered by some of the smartest people in the world, and driven by a growth-centric business model, we’re not only changing the way businesses across the world operate, but also how managers and employees fundamentally interact with each other. We’ve recently completed a series C funding round, and we’re backed by some of the biggest VCs in Europe, including Creandum, IdInvest, and SEB Equity, the investors behind Spotify and Izettle – we’re on the path to significant growth over the coming years.
Planday is used by different sized organisations in a variety of industries and have more than 250,000 users on-board. We are highly passionate and are prepared to go the extra mile to meet our customers' needs, but also have a great time doing it. With over 20 different nationalities across our five global offices, we have a multicultural work environment which is amazing to be a part of.
If you recognise these values in yourself, it would be great for you to join our journey.
Reports into the VP of Customer Success and works closely with Activation, Engineering, and Product Teams. Provide leadership and technical guidance for the Customer Support Consultants, while proactively providing timely and effective advice to customers. Monitor system health and react to exceptions accordingly.
The role requires initiative and a proactive approach to meet the primary objective of driving the vision for consistency in customer support standards. The Head of Customer Support is accountable for shaping and delivering the business’ consumer service propositions in order to drive the overall performance of the team.
- Ensuring customer retention by implementing a Support strategy for all channels
- Defining, implementing and monitoring KPIs for the customer support team
- Define and implement best practice processes across the customer support team to define “what good looks like”.
- Define and deliver a structure for the customer support team to enable excellent support provision.
- Using, evaluating and managing our different support channels: Phone, Service Cloud and Intercom.
- Driving advanced Customer Satisfaction, such as tNPS
- Daily management of the team: be a true leader and be proactive on individual performance; provide coaching, mentoring and day to day assistance to the Customer Support Consultants, optimising their contribution to the overall success of the team.
- Identify synergies between Activation, Engineering and Product and facilitate knowledge sharing across teams
- Hiring for your team to ensure good coverage of our customers’ markets.
- Processes optimisation: always focusing on scalability and empowering your team.
- Being part of customer related projects with the Sales and Activation teams.
- Ensure that workarounds, support guides and other documentation are created, maintained and communicated to the support team.
- Continually assess monitoring and support tools, validating the effectiveness of their implementation and identify opportunities for continual improvement or optimisation.·
- Contribute to and undertake activities for continuous development of your personal skills and knowledge.
- Comply with and follow organisational policies and procedures, including health and safety,
Demonstrable supervisory/management experience.
- Proven track record of leading support teams within a SaaS.
- Effective personal organisation skills – logical and systematic, attention to detail, prioritises workload and resources to achieve deadlines
- Ability to process and analyse qualitative and quantitative data
- Significant leadership experience
- Commercially aware – ability to establish credibility at all levels
- Manages personal impact to quickly establish rapport and credibility and enable the open flow of information
Experience of Implementing programs focused to the below would be desirable:
- Training and Development
- Project Management
- Experience in an ITIL environment
- Experience with SMEs, Enterprise and Key accounts
- Be a key part of an exciting international growth journey
- Be a central figure at the epicentre of this dynamic fast paced organisation
- Get great colleagues and a social working environment
- Great location in central Copenhagen
- Lots of team and community events