Microsoft SQL Server DBA (Copenhagen or London)
We are seeking an experienced Microsoft SQL Server DBA with experience in database design, administration, and replication to provide highly resilient Microsoft SQL Server database solutions.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Be responsible for providing operational and development database services for Planday
- Perform database administration tasks such as patching, upgrading, backup/recovery management and capacity planning
- Participate in design of database architecture for current and future products
- Tune performance of SQL databases and Transact-SQL queries
- Promote system reliability and efficiency by implementing standards and best-practices.
- Respond to database related alerts and escalations and working with the team to implement strategic solutions.
- Develop a methodology for the ongoing assessment of database performance and the identification of problem areas.
Some tasks will involve weekend and early hours work during application and database migration events.
- MS SQL 2012/2014
- Experience with Azure SQL Database and Azure SQL Elastic pools is a plus
- SQL Data replication and data migration
- Experience working in a 24x7 environment.
- A key part of an exciting international growth journey
- Opportunities to learn and develop your skills and career through hackathons, meetups, colleagues and other places.
- Great colleagues and a social working environment
- Great HQ location in central Copenhagen and hub in London
- Lots of team and community events
Planday is a SaaS Workforce collaboration solution that empowers managers and employees to work smarter. Planday is used by different sized companies in a variety of industries such as restaurants, hotels, retailers, call centers, fitness clubs, etc with more than 250,000 users onboard.
We live and die by our company values, which means we're ready to go the extra mile to meet our customers' needs. But we also love to have a good time together. Our Copenhagen headquarters are three floors of cool, loft-style office space, and we're based in the heart of this beautiful city's startup community.
With over 10 different nationalities across our five global offices, we have a fun and multicultural work environment. Our company language is English, but we're always trying to pick up a couple of phrases in each other's languages.
Planday has raised one of the biggest venture funded C rounds in Denmark with €35M in August 2018, and are uniquely positioned to accelerate the growth and position as the #1 vendor for shift based businesses.
To see what it's like to work at Planday, click here: https://planday.wistia.com/medias/4prw0a0bi2