WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
As a devops engineer you will be a key contributor to the development of Planday's devops and infrastructure function that bridges the gap between operations and development. You will ensure that everyone has an understanding of operational requirements, and take shared responsibility for designing and implementing infrastructure for delivering and running software services.
You will primarily operate as a hands on engineer, developing mechanisms to build, test, deploy and maintain planday’s systems which are primarily .NET based, but also incorporate open source technologies such as Couchbase, React.js, Backbone.js, Gulp, etc. Our primary servers are windows, with linux being used for some of our caching and infrastrucuture needs.
You will also be providing a lot of input in how we manage our infrastructure, and which technologies to use.
Due to the company’s growth and international ambitions, you will also play a key role in scaling out our infrastructure using both on premise and cloud services.
The culture at Planday is very dynamic and as a devops engineer your main tasks and responsibilities will be:
- developing and maintaining plandays internal development infrastructure and networking
- the development and maintenance of production infrastructure and networks
- participate in discussions about architecture, scalability, security, development, methods, tools, etc.
- champion modern build, deployment, and release practices
- keep all teams operational from a technical perspective, whilst empowering teams to be self sufficient
Planday’s objective for someone fitting into a devops role at Planday is help develop a culture where teams
take an operational hand in delivering software.
The role will involve being part of one or two teams, helping to automate all build, infrastructure, and deployment mechanisms required to allow the teams successful deliver software, and then manage and monitor it in production.
You will be responsible for mentoring your colleagues in the use of configuration management and automation
tools, as well as how to effectively deploy and monitor multiple instances in production.
- The candidate will have proven experience managing infrastructure, both development and production, within multi-server environments providing highly available systems built using Microsoft technologies.
- Experience using virtualized platforms is a must, as is experience managing windows servers, MS SQL, IIS, DNS, VPN’s, VLANs, firewalls, NAT, CDN’s, linux, mysql, CI servers, hyper-v, Octopus Deploy, webdeploy, msbuild, powershell, HA Proxy, couchbase and configuration management solutions.
- Experience working with any of the following would be highly desirable as well: AWS, Azure, Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Chocolatey, Proget.
- The candidate should also have experience working in high frequency deployment environments (1+ deployments per day), operating lean/agile processes.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- A key part of an exciting international growth journey
- Opportunities to learn and develop your skills and career through hackathons, meetups, colleagues and other places.
- Great colleagues and a social working environment
- Great location in central Copenhagen
- Lots of team and community events
Planday is a SaaS Workforce collaboration solution that empowers managers and employees to work smarter. Planday is used by different sized companies in a variety of industries such as restaurants, hotels, retailers, call centers, fitness clubs, etc with more than 250,000 users onboard.
We live and die by our company values, which means we're ready to go the extra mile to meet our customers' needs. But we also love to have a good time together. Our Copenhagen headquarters are three floors of cool, loft-style office space, and we're based in the heart of this beautiful city's startup community.
With over 10 different nationalities across our five global offices, we have a fun and multicultural work environment. Our company language is English, but we're always trying to pick up a couple of phrases in each other's languages.
Planday has raised one of the biggest venture funded C rounds in Denmark with €35M in August 2018, and are uniquely positioned to accelerate the growth and position as the #1 vendor for shift based businesses
PLEASE NOTE: Danish work permit is required and you need to be situated in or in close proximity to Copenhagen
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To see what it's like to work at Planday, click here: https://planday.wistia.com/medias/4prw0a0bi2