Frontend Web Developer
Do you love working closely with talented designers and want to be key in making the next generation of our Web Platform become a reality using the latest technologies to create the very best user experience? And do you want to demonstrate your skills in a rapidly growing international SaaS based platform while having fun with your colleagues? Then look no further and read on.
We are looking for a skilled Frontend developer with strong visual web development experience, for our Copenhagen-based development team. You will join an international, skilled, cross-functional and self-driven product team that includes developers, designers and product managers.
We trust that you understand how your technical solutions contribute to realizing our company vision, and that you have a passion for interacting with many different people to achieve a goal. We are looking for engineers who enjoy engaging with customers and partners directly to help them be successful, and to build the tools that helps them use our platform with ease.
Your main tasks and responsibilities will be:
- Contribute to solutions that help scale our platform to meet the demands of our rapidly growing customer base
- Be part of a strong creative cross-functional product team, designing, building and testing new products, services and infrastructure
- Creating clean, concise, robust, maintainable code across multiple platforms
- Work in a dynamic team oriented environment using agile methodologies.
- Take part in our objective to deploy every day, automate the hell out of things and learn as we go along
What are we looking for?
- Preferably 5+ years of experience developing web applications and real-time data-driven interfaces
- Fanatically in love with converting top notch designs into killer UX experiences
- Familiarity with mobile first development and responsive design and know how to bend CSS to your will
- Ability to work with a mix of latest and mature technologies like React.js, Redux and Node.js along with HTML5/CSS3
- Experience in connecting to RESTful API endpoints that accepts and returns JSON
- Well versed in Test-Driven Development (TDD) or similar techniques using frameworks like Mocha/Jasmine/Qunit/Karma
- Familiar with version control systems (Git)
- Working experience in structured development and build environments (continuous integration, automated testing, automated configuration and deployment) using Gulp, Grunt or the like
- Experience building Enterprise SAAS products a big plus
- Curiosity towards cutting technology, web, cloud or mobile development, programming languages, frameworks, methodologies
- An online portfolio of projects on Github or any other place is a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Lastly it doesn't hurt if you can kick ass on the foosball table or can play an instrument for the Friday-bar sessions when Planday'ers hangout
As our new Frontend Developer you will
- Be a key part of an exciting international growth journey
- Get opportunities to learn and develop your skills and career through hackathons, meetups, colleagues and other places.
- Get great colleagues and a social working environment
- Great location in central Copenhagen
- Lots of team and community events
If you have any questions, please contact Peter Marshall at [email protected]
PLEASE NOTE: Danish work permit is required and you need to be situated in or in close proximity to Copenhagen
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Planday is a SaaS (Software as a Service) Workforce Management solution that empowers managers and employees to work smarter. Planday is used by different sized companies in a variety of industries such as restaurants, hotels, retailers, call centers, fitness clubs, etc with a total of 100,000 users onboard. March 2016, Planday closed its Series B funding round of $14 million from French Idinvest and Nordic VC Creandum, an early backer of music streaming service Spotify, amongst many other investments, SEB Private Equity, and angel investor Arthur Kosten, co-founder of Booking.com. Planday will use the Series B funds to expand further into the US, strengthen its leadership in the European market, and develop integrations with other technologies that support shift-based businesses, including payroll providers, find and hire services, and Epos technologies.
We live and die by our company values, which means we're ready to go the extra mile to meet our customers' needs. But we also love to have a good time together. Our Copenhagen headquarters are three floors of cool, loft-style office space, and we're based in the heart of this beautiful city's startup community.
With over 10 different nationalities across our five global offices, we have a fun and multicultural work environment. Our company language is English, but we're always trying to pick up a couple of phrases in each other's languages.