Technical Product Manager
Planday is one of the fastest growing VC-backed technology companies in Europe and is now changing the employee scheduling and workforce management industry with its leading technology. We’ve come a long way since our co-founders first dreamed up a tool that would make employee scheduling and communicating more straightforward. With over 12 years of experience in the industry, we’re well-placed to provide businesses with a solution that meets their unique needs. Powered by some of the smartest people in the world, and driven by a growth-centric business model, we’re not only changing the way businesses across the world operate, but also how managers and employees fundamentally interact with each other. We’ve recently completed a series C funding round, and we’re backed by some of the biggest VCs in Europe, including Creandum, IdInvest, and SEB Equity, the investors behind Spotify and Izettle – we’re on the path to significant growth over the coming years.
Planday is used by different sized organisations in a variety of industries and have more than 250,000 users on board. We are highly passionate and are prepared to go the extra mile to meet our customers' needs, but also have a great time doing it. With over 20 different nationalities across our five global offices, we have a multicultural work environment which is amazing to be a part of.
If you recognise these values in yourself, it would be great for you to join our journey.
The mission of the Planday product team is to create the most-loved shift based platform for everyone in the world. To help us get there, we are creating a new role as Technical Product leader to define and deliver on our platform vision. You will make it possible to scale our product across mid-sized and large enterprises, understanding their needs to behaviours. Come join us to set the new standard for how shift based business stay successful.
In this role you will help define the key part of the Planday experience for our larger customers, making the interactions faster and more delightful around the world. A successful candidate will have experience of successfully working cross-functionally across business and technology teams to iteratively deliver complex solutions. You will form insights about customers from data analysis, focus groups and feedback to understand customer needs from all our markets.
You will find creative ways act on these insights, translate those ideas into designs, and harness the passion and energy of teams across the company to bring these designs into the world for our customers. You will help shape our vision and road map, define the principles that allows many teams to innovate independently, and integrate these efforts into a coherent product strategy. Your deliverables may include new features, new developer APIs, as well as driving business results through metrics driven analysis.
- 5+ years of experience in a product management role
- Strong creative, analytic, and communication skills
- Demonstrated product leadership and delivery at speed with persistence and a track record of completion
- Software development background as an engineer
- Technical design skills and experience with REST APIs
- Comfortable with complexity and ability to operate and thrive with ambiguity and partial information
- Experience delivering services using agile methodologies
- 10 years of industry work experience or equivalent
- Experience with at least one relevant programming language or technologies
- Work experience with data modeling and machine learning preferred
- Previous worldwide delivery of SaaS features
- History of working with design and engineering teams to bring new design concepts to market
- A sense of humor and demonstrated ability to have fun
- A key part of an exciting international growth journey
- Opportunities to learn and develop your skills and career.
- Great colleagues and a social working environment
- Great location in central Copenhagen
- Fun and exciting team with a lot of great co-workers
I have read, understood, and accept the content of the Applicant Data Notice and consent to the processing of my data as part of this application.
The Data Notice can be read here: