Software Developer - .NET (London)
Are you interested in working with a rapidly growing SaaS based platform? Do you thrive on the excitement of working with high availability systems? Do you want to be part of a building out our development hub in London? Then look no further and read on.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
Planday is looking for .NET software developers with strong exposure to working with mobile or web based SaaS solutions. You will join one of our international cross-functional and self-organising product teams that includes developers, designers, testers and product owners.
We trust that you understand how your technical solutions contribute to realizing our company vision, and that you have a passion for interacting with many different people to achieve a goal. We are looking for developers who enjoy engaging with customers and partners directly to help them be successful, and to build the tools that helps them use our platform with ease.
- Design and develop fully functional applications that make for easy integration with 3rd party clients or internal services
- Contribute to solutions that help scale our platform to meet the demands of our rapidly growing customer base
- Working with the entire lifecycle of a system, from writing code and tests to deploying it to production and supporting it.
- Deploying code multiple times a day using automated pipelines.
- Be part of a strong creative cross-functional product team, designing, building and testing new products, services and infrastructure
- Creating clean, concise, robust, maintainable code across multiple platforms
- Work in a dynamic team oriented environment using agile methodologies.
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE AND EXPOSURE:
- Experience building enterprise SaaS products
- Strong experience building high throughput and high availability systems
- Strong experience using C# in .NET, ASP.NET MVC & WEB API
- Experience creating RESTful APIs
- Experience working with Azure
- Experience working with domain driven development, TDD, or pair programming
- Good working knowledge of messaging and events
- Knowledge of relational database concepts like SQL, indexes and constraints, transactions, and object-relational mapping. Specific experience with MS SQL Server is a bonus.
- At home with version control systems (Git)
- Experience with automation of build and deployment pipelines
- Good experience writing automated tests to accompany your code at unit, contract, and system levels
- Exposure to some of the following - docker, microservices, web services, NoSQL, AWS, or Openstack
- Working experience in structured development and build environments (continuous integration, automated testing, automated configuration and deployment)
- Curiosity towards cutting edge technology within web, cloud or mobile development, programming languages, frameworks, methodologies
- An online portfolio of projects on Github or any other place is a plus
WHAT WE OFFER:
- A key part of an exciting international growth journey
- Opportunities to learn and develop your skills and career through hackathons, meetups, colleagues and other places.
- Great colleagues and a social working environment
- Great location in central London
- Lots of team and community events
Planday is a technology company that was born in a Danish bar. We’ve come a long way since our cofounders first dreamed up a tool that would make scheduling and communicating more straightforward. With over 14 years of experience in the industry, we’re well-placed to provide businesses with a solution that meets their unique needs.
Powered by some of the smartest people in the world, and driven by a growth-centric business model, we’re not only changing the way businesses across the world operate, but also how managers and employees fundamentally interact with each other. We’re also backed by some of the biggest VCs in Europe, including IdInvest, Creandum, SEB Equity.
Planday is the workforce collaboration platform that makes it easier for managers and hourly workers to communicate, collaborate, and get work done. With Planday, employees can communicate with each other, swap shifts and clock in and out, while managers can create smart schedule templates, measure their target revenue compared to wage costs and track hours worked. We empower businesses by making the relationship between hourly workers and their managers more efficient, transparent, and productive— which leads to better business returns.
We approach everything we do with conviction, intensity, and resourcefulness, which we believe allows us to deliver better experiences to our customers and each other. Our “UMPF” gets us out of bed in the morning, ready to innovate and dream of new ways to meet our customers’ needs.
We live and die by our company values, which means we're ready to go the extra mile to meet our customers' needs. But we also love to have a good time together. Our offices all over the world each have their own unique flavor, but every one of them emobides the Planday spirit. With over 29 different nationalities across our six global offices, we have a vibrant multicultural work environment.
Planday is headquartered in Denmark, but is growing fast in the UK. We’re investing in leadership and customer-facing roles, as well as growing a brand-new development hub! This is an exciting time to join a growing team, tasked with making our product faster and more feature-rich. Our London office is centrally located in Clerkenwell, with plenty of trendy restaurants, bars, and good public transportation options.
If you’ve got any, just write an email to Peter Marshall at [email protected]
PLEASE NOTE: UK work permit is required and you need to be situated in or in close proximity to London
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.