Sales Director - UK
A clear leader in the workforce management space with 4500 customers and 250,000 users, Planday has raised $50 from Creandum, Idinvest Partners, SEB Private Equity and Metro Group. Our revenue has increased significantly with 100% growth year over year and we continue to expand our leadership position in Europe beyond the Nordics and the UK.
As Sales Director, your primary focus is to oversee the growing UK Sales team of 15+ Sales representatives and their two Sales managers to drive sales performance and to establish and optimize the UK sales strategy leveraging the ideal mix of Outbound, Inbound and Partner leads within the allocated budget. Over the next 12 months the team will expand significantly.
Additionally, the Sales Director will support the company’s growth objective by planning and executing Planday’s entry into new European markets.
The Sales Director will also develop a working relationship in the London Sales office with other departments marketing, activation, finance to support the sales team’s goals.
In this role you will be located at Planday’s UK office in Farringdon, London- the hub for all our European operations. The Sales Director will report directly to the CRO.
Ideally, you have a solid leadership and sales experience for a similar ticket SaaS solution, and have a proven sales management record with focus on outbound strategy in previous roles. Most importantly, you are a self-driven, motivated leader, who wants to work for a forward thinking, fast-paced, growing company.
- Lead the development, execution, evaluation and refinement of our sales strategy, sales processes, and workflow to ensure the delivery of maximum customer value and revenue growth targets.
- Work with Sales Managers on all recruiting and hiring.
- Lead all sales activities in the office, brief the team on all major developments and goals in weekly sales meetings and frequent interactions on and off the sales floor.
- Implement and use current sales methodology as well as best practices across the sales organization while celebrating success, emphasizing on reward and recognition.
- Set direction, provide coaching and training for the Sales Managers and Sales executives in your team.
- Work with internal reporting tools and integrate data insights to support Planday’s strategy across the different channels and to continuously improve the performance of the team.
- Liaise with marketing and activation to communicate specific market needs and ensure top class onboarding.
- Attend trade shows and industry related events to aid sales development.
- Regular travel to HQ in Copenhagen or other countries when needed.
- 5+ years of experience leading and scaling sales team with consistent track record of meeting and surpassing sales targets.
- Proven success record in a goal driven highly accountable sales environment.
- Strong experience in building an outbound focused sales team.
- Proven track record of effectively managing and coaching a large sales team.
- Impeccable strategic and forecasting skills as well as outstanding negotiating skills.
- Experience leading a multicultural sales organization with high quality communication skills across multiple country commercial operations.
- Ability to work closely with other executives and leaders across departments to ensure the delivery of key results.
- Strong ability to listen, communicate and present in both verbal and written form.
- Ability to learn and quickly integrate new, often technical, information.
- A strong entrepreneurial “willing to go the extra mile” and "get it done” work ethic and attitude.
- Willingness to travel when required to support clients and sales relationships.
- At ease operating in a highly dynamic continuously changing and sometimes ambiguous environment.
- BA/BS/MS degree or equivalent.
- International background with multiple language skills.
- SaaS background or companies selling into the hospitality technology sector are all beneficial.
- The opportunity to play a key role in our international growth journey
- International and dynamic workplace
- Great location in central London
Planday grew out of a simple idea that first emerged in a Danish bar: scheduling and communication should be simple and straightforward for both managers and employees. Our product has come a long way since then, and we now offer a comprehensive SaaS product that can meet the unique needs of businesses ranging from 5 to 500 employees. We build software that makes it easier for managers and hourly workers to communicate, collaborate, and get work done. We empower businesses by making the relationship between hourly workers and their managers more efficient, transparent, and productive, which leads to better business returns.